Restored 30ft high Victorian timber four-faced clock tower
Clock tower made by William Potts of Leeds, premier maker of exterior clocks for public buildings, railways and factories, for the Co-operative Wholesale Society biscuit factory in Crumpsall, Lancashire, built in 1873, extended and altered from 1896 onwards, and demolished c1986.
The tower is 30ft (9.1m) high overall including the weathervane, with a 10ft (3.6m) square base, and the cast iron clock faces being 5ft 6ins (1.67m) diameter.
It was originally rescued during demolition by Andy Thornton, and has since been completely restored by craftspeople at Andy Thornton Ltd.
Business Name:Rosemount Partnership Ltd
Contact Name:Andy Thornton
Contact:UK > West Yorkshire
Halifax Throstle Nest Warley Wood Lane Luddendenfoot HX2 6BZ